NIUA is accepting applications for the second cohort of NUDM Program Fellows.
Visit: niua.in/nudm/registration/ to apply!
Applications are open until 11:59 PM on 09 October 2022.
About the Fellowship
As India celebrates Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav marking the 75th year of our country’s independence, MoHUA has launched the National Urban Digital Mission (NUDM) to facilitate electronic delivery of municipal services to citizens across all towns and cities of the country. Read more about NUDM.
ABOUT THE FELLOWSHIP
MoHUA is looking for capable leaders from diverse backgrounds and disciplines who are committed to making a positive difference in the world. The NUDM Fellows will have an opportunity to lead the adoption of a transformative Mission across the nation. Participating in a fast-paced work experience program such as the NUDM Fellowship will be a challenging, but rewarding experience for young professionals.
Through the Fellowship, the Mission will institutionalise young professionals as part of the Mission implementation plan across select States and Union Territories, to make capable young professionals a part of the transformational nation building exercise that is NUDM. Fellows interested in governance will have an opportunity to lead implementation of a transformative mission on e-governance. Such Fellows will have an opportunity to work closely with domain experts and Mission leadership across all levels of governance; and experience a tangible expansion in their technical and professional skills including in-depth knowledge of application of policy, technology and urban program management.
NIUA is calling for applications for the National Urban Digital Mission Fellowship in July 2022!
NUMBER OF FELLOWS
The Fellowship’s 2023 cohort will host 25 Fellows.
ROLE OF THE NUDM PROGRAM FELLOWS
The Fellows will have the opportunity to contribute to the goal of driving citizen centric e-governance across all cities of India by playing the role of a program analyst, bridging the Mission with the State’s needs. The Fellows will have the opportunity to contribute to the goal of driving citizen-centric e-governance programs, by playing the role of a catalyst, bridging the Mission's goals with the states' needs. Through their day-to-dat activities, the Fellows help activate NUDM programs under the guidance of MoHUA, NIUA and State officials.
The day-to-day roles and responsibilities for the Fellows will be coordinated by the reporting officer from the office of the State Program Management Unit. This will include:
The Fellows will also provide necessary support in data analytics, research, documentation, independent assessment, visualisation or any other related activities including creating reports, posters, dossiers etc.
- The maximum age of the candidate should not be more than 32 years as on 31 July 2022.
- Candidates must enlist their fluency (written and verbal) in Indian regional languages; with preference shown for candidates with fluency in more than 1 regional languages.
- All Fellows must necessarily display critical thinking and problem-solving abilities in an assignment as part of the recruitment process.
- Fellows will possess the following qualifications: professionals with 1st Division or minimum 60% marks in their highest qualification.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of 06 months of indicative liasoning experience (in project coordination, business development or sales) after the completion of their graduation degreee; and a minimum of 02 years of cumulative work experience after graduation.
- The candidate should be available to commence the Fellowship on 01 January 2023 (tentative). Attending the induction programme is mandatory for selected candidates.
The candidates to be considered for the Fellowship should be from an institute of repute in the following fields, but not limited to:
- Candidates must possess skills in written communication regarding project management and documentation of projects, case studies, minutes of meetings/ stakeholder consultations; as well as the use of Microsoft Office or equivalent software packages.
- Candidates must possess minimum understanding of software development lifecycle, scrum and various project implementation approaches.
- Candidates must possess basic or fundamental knowledge of procurement processes.
- Candidates with experience in technology (strong computer fundamentals, system integration, mobile applications, web applications and modern DevOps fundamentals), e-governance projects, strategic or government consulting, procurement processes; and data analytics will be shown preference.
PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION
- Applications will be invited in a prescribed format online, via online platform.
- Candidates for the NUDM Fellowship 2023 will be shortlisted on the basis of the completed applications and only such candidates will be invited to attend an interview (online/virtual).
- Based on the performance of the candidates in the interview round, 25 applicants will be selected to participate in the second cohort of the NUDM Fellowship.
PERIOD OF ENGAGEMENT
The NUDM Fellows will be engaged for a period of 12 months on a contractual basis at a stipend of INR 60,000 per month, with a possibility of extension of 12 months subject to annual performance reviews.
ONBOARDING & TRAINING
- Successful applicants to the NUDM Fellowship program will be notified online. They will be expected to join as per the instructions issued by the respective nodal agency at the State/UT level.
- The Fellows will undergo a 15-day training program designed to equip them with the information they will need to successfully integrate into the Mission at the Central, State and City levels.
A certificate regarding successful completion of fellowship shall be issued by the Joint Secretary, MoHUA, and PSUD of the concerned state/UT as well as Director, NIUA.
ANNUAL PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL
An Annual Performance Appraisal of the Fellows will be undertaken by the National Program Head, CDG. Additionally, the Fellows will be given an opportunity to make a presentation of their learnings, recommendations and experiences to an audience of the NUDM leadership and State governance leadership.
To apply, visit: niua.in/nudm/registration/
Last date: 09 October 2022
FIND FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS HERE: FAQs