E-health Solution is being developed and implemented by the Kerala State Health Department (KSHD) which integrates all departments and government hospitals into an efficient Hospital Information and Management System. The cloud based E-health Solution will rely on high speed Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) connectivity as every transaction is stored in a cloud based State Data Centre.
The success of this project will contribute enormously in improving the lives of common people who depend on public healthcare institutions for health related services.
The project objectives are to provide:
- Affordable and quality healthcare services to the citizens.
- Installation of state of the art IT infrastructure to implement e-Health Solution.
the proposed project components include:
- High speed internet leased line.
- LAN transfer of EMR (Electronic Medical Records).
- Workstation and computer hardware to implement e- Health solutions.
- Additional workstations, printer, scanner, biometric readers and other computer hardware.
The project components are clearly defined in alignment with state’s e-health strategy. However, given the flexibility to innovate as part of maturation grant, the city may explore additional components such as:
- Integration of private hospitals with E-health Solution.
- Integration of insurance providers, especially public health insurance schemes, with E-health Solution.
- Introduction of ways other than smart phones for booking appointments.
- Innovation in training and roll-out for smooth transition by public health professionals.
- Online payment gateway.
- IT Professionals
ICT based Health solution will lower the cost of operation in the project over time since, doctors will be able to issue medical prescriptions digitally.